Fleas are the most common external parasite found on pets. Flea bites cause intense itching which can lead to hair loss and inflammation of the skin.
What should you use?
There are now a wide variety of flea prevention products available from many sources. Many of these products are very effective, however some are not. It can be a bit of a ‘minefield’, deciding what to use.
We have a range of very effective, safe and easy to use flea prevention products and we can give you the best advice on flea prevention and control.
Did you know…?
- The cat flea affects both cats and dogs and can bite people too
- If you find 5 fleas on your pet, it is likely there are 95 in your home!
- Fleas can survive for up to 6 months in the environment
- A single female flea can lay up to 50 eggs in one day
- The life cycle of the flea (i.e. the time it takes to go from an egg to an adult) only takes 2-3 weeks in a centrally heated home
If you would like more information about fleas in dogs and cats please visit www.itsajungle.co.uk